Persistence Pays Off
 
By Assistant Chief Bob Vasek
June 13, 2018
 

Concordville Fire Department was dispatched to a reported carbon Monoxide incident at a garden style apartment complex. Upon arrival the crew from Engine 592 and Tower 59, as well as Chester County Station 25 found no CO evident, but there was a slight odor of plastic burning inside the dwelling as well as outside the dwelling. After checking the dwelling several times to determine the odor, the crews were able to find a smoldering fire in a laundry hamper full of clean towels. The towels were wet down with a water extinguisher to extinguish the smoldering fire. the company was in service for an hour, there were no injuries.

 
Units: Engine 592, Tower 59, Command 59
 
Mutual Aid: Ladder 25, Engine 25
 
No Caption
No Caption
 
No Caption
No Caption