Commerical Kitchen Fire
By Deputy Chief Bob Vasek
December 22, 2021

Concordville Fire Company was dispatched to a reported building fire in a commercial restaurant in Concord Township today December 22nd. The company was assisted by Bethel Hose Company, Chester Heights, Rocky Run, Aston Township Fire Department, and Upper Chichester Fire Department. Crews found on entering the kitchen area of the restaurant a gas fed fire from a broken gas pipe. The Crews secured the gas at the meter to allow them to extinguish the fire. The restaurant sprinkler system activated; the interior crews supplemented the sprinkler system through the Fire Department Connection (FDC) along with a 1 3/4-inch hand line. The Fire was extinguished with minimal damage to the building. The Companies were in service for 2 hours, there were no injuries.

Units: 592,593, Command Vehicle 59, MICU 59, Amb 59B
Mutual Aid: Co. 66, Co 46, Co.10, Co. 71, Co. 17